FirstMark is hiring two Talent Associates focused on Engineering and Executive recruiting
FirstMark is an early-stage venture capital fund that invests in technology startups. We are proud to work with entrepreneurs who build iconic companies like Shopify, Pinterest, DraftKings, Airbnb, and dozens of others. Today, we count more than 100 startups across the world as members of the FirstMark family.
One of the most important things that we do is help founders build exceptional teams. Talent is the lifeblood of great companies, and finding the right hire can permanently change the trajectory of a fast-growing company.
Our Talent team is one of the cornerstones of the FirstMark Platform, a set of resources and services that accelerate entrepreneurs. It’s an effort that we have built thoughtfully over the past decade; and, for the decade to come, an effort we are continuing to invest in to make FirstMark the partner of record for ambitious entrepreneurs.
We’re excited to announce two new talent-focused roles on FirstMark’s Platform team:
- Talent Associate, Engineering who will help companies at all stages build outstanding engineering teams
- Talent Associate, Executive who will help recruit C-level leaders and focus particularly on working with our breakout consumer investments
What You’ll Do
As a Talent Associate, you will:
- Work with founders. You’ll work closely with founders in the FirstMark portfolio to understand their most important hiring needs.
- Source and connect great talent. Build relationships with great operators, and find the perfect role/company fit between their interests and our portfolio’s needs.
- Cultivate a network. Through your work, you’ll build an extensive network of talent to activate when the right opportunities arise.
- Build teams and companies. In addition to helping founders build teams, you’ll become a trusted partner for all things talent — from understanding how to build a recruiting engine, to thinking through compensation best practices, and beyond.
Who You Are
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, but in general believe the candidates that best fit the role:
- Hands-on recruiting experience: you have 1–3 years of recruiting experience, generally in-house at (or working closely with) startups
- Great communicator: you are confident and poised, and able to communicate with candidates ranging from recent graduates to senior leaders
- Organization & prioritization: you’re able to handle multiple, concurrent searches and projects
- Curious about technology: you’re interested in the tech ecosystem, and use that curiosity to become a better recruiter
What It Means for Your Career
There are so many ways that this work impacts founders in our network… and just as importantly, will impact your own career. As a Talent Associate, you will:
- Learn how great companies are built. You will deeply understand how the best teams and companies are built from the ground up through your work with founders.
- Learn something new every day. We have the privilege of working with many different companies in parallel, in different industries and at different stages of development. You will learn continuously from all of those experiences.
- Cultivate a personal network. As part of your work, you’ll meet hundreds of exceptional people every year and build real relationships; with founders, with candidates, and with peers in the ecosystem.
- Master the craft of recruiting. At FirstMark, you’ll not only become a master of how to be a great recruiter–you’ll also develop a strategic understanding of how to build teams.
It’s an experience that will prepare you for a senior recruiting or talent leadership role in a way that no other opportunity can.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please email email@example.com with:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Your favorite piece of recruiting technology
- Whether you’re interested in Engineering recruiting, Executive recruiting, or both