Join the FirstMark Platform Team as Our Corporate Development Lead
The FirstMark Platform team is responsible for supporting our entrepreneurs and their companies throughout their lifecycle. As a firm that is founder obsessed, we are 100% committed to developing innovative ways to drive tangible and meaningful impact for our entrepreneurs.
One of our key focus areas is our Corporate Network, where for the past number of years we have been building meaningful, long-term relationships with Fortune 1000 companies that serve as strategic partners, customers, investors, or acquirers for our portfolio companies. You will be responsible for making connections that become company-defining moments for our industry partners and our portfolio.
As the Corporate Development Lead on our Platform team, you will be responsible for growing, maintaining, and strengthening our Corporate Network by developing new relationships and building upon existing ones. In this role, you will not only learn something new every day, but also build an incredible and lasting network of founders, venture capitalists, and industry leaders.
While we’re open to a variety of backgrounds and experience levels, successful candidates will most likely have experience in sales operations, demand generation, corporate or business development, strategic sales/partnerships, or network/community building in the broad technology ecosystem.
The ideal candidate has all of the following qualities:
- Compelling and charismatic communicator, who is comfortable and will thrive in front of a room of senior industry leaders
- Thoughtful listener; can understand executives’ critical needs and identify ways to authentically add value
- Outstanding track record of successfully building meaningful relationships with executive-level leadership
- Understands the technology and venture ecosystem broadly; pays close attention to technology trends and their long-term implications for industry
- Steeped in the world of sales ops and/or marketing automation, and can leverage technology to make scalable impact
- Empathy for both industry executives and founders; keeping everyone’s “WIIFM” in mind is crucial
- Resourceful and willing to wear many hats, contributing to other strategic platform initiatives like managing events in our Driven Series; sourcing keynote speakers and sponsorship for conferences; working on ad hoc requests from our portfolio companies; and more
If this sounds like a challenge you are up to — and you are extremely methodical, persistent, and passionate about impacting and helping others — we’d like to hear from you. To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Links to your online presence (primarily your LinkedIn and other professional social profiles) to help us get to know you better
- One-paragraph summary of your key accomplishments at your most recent (or current) job