Community Ops is a newly-created and pivotal position at FirstMark Capital as we expand our Community team. Our overall community infrastructure is the cornerstone of our entrepreneur-first approach to venture capital, which leverages events and technology to connect our companies with world-class expertise, resources, customer introductions, talent, and more.
Community Ops will work on our Community team and directly with FirstMark’s Partnership to execute and significantly expand FirstMark’s portfolio- and community-facing initiatives. Specifically, Community Ops will be responsible for:
- Launching and growing a new set of services and events that will accelerate the success of the incredible entrepreneurs and companies in the FirstMark network
- Taking ownership of a segment of the 50+ exclusive events that we run for our portfolio each year
- Owning the firm’s web and social presence on an ongoing basis, aligning our online voice with our core mission of partnering with the best entrepreneurs in the world
- Co-running events for the broader tech community with FirstMark’s Partners, such as Data Driven NYC, the largest monthly big data event in NYC, and Hardwired NYC, the leading event focused on connected devices and the internet of things
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Graduate with at least two years of full-time experience in a technology or technology-driven business
- Be confident and poised in interactions with founders, CEOs, and executives in the tech and NYC industry ecosystem
- Extraordinarily organized and disciplined with a “GSD” attitude and the ability to see around corners
- Energized by the prospect of connecting individuals with each other to share and learn
- Digital native who is curious about and delighted by new tech products and services
- Creative and thoughtful, with an eye for design
- Although not required, technical knowledge ranging from HTML/CSS to WordPress administration, Google Analytics, etc. is a strong plus
Are you ready to join the FirstMark team? Click here to upload your qualifications and take a very brief video interview. If you have additional materials to support your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.